San Juan County SHIBA
SHIBA (Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors) is a free, unbiased, confidential service of the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner. SHIBA volunteers help people of all ages and backgrounds with their Medicare quesitons and options.
Schedule your appointment today:
Orcas: (360) 376-5892
San Juan: (360) 375-0292
Lopez: (360) 468-4117
And don’t forget to follow SHIBA of San Juan County on Facebook!
SHIBA volunteers can help you:
- Assess your health care coverage needs.
- Determine your general eligibility for health care coverage programs.
- Evaluate and compare Medicare plans and programs.
- Provide enrollment help with Medicare.
- Speak with 1-800 Medicare on your behalf.
- Make referrals to other agencies and programs.
- Collect and report possible Medicare fraud complaints.
- Your SHIBA Medicare action plan
- Your Medicare Initial Enrollment Period
- Your Medicare coverage choices
- 2023 Medicare Part A and B covered services
- Understanding your Medicare preventative benefits
- Comparing Medicare Supplement (Medigap) and Medicare Advantage plans
- Get help paying for Medicare
- Get help paying for Medicare (American Indians & Alaskan Natives)
- Paying for prescription drugs
- What you need to know about Medigap (Medicare Supplent plans)