Senior Services Council of
San Juan County, 501(c)3
Orcas Senior Center history is inextricably part of our parent body, the Senior Services Council of San Juan County, 501(c)3, the overarching nonprofit for district committees serving on San Juan, Lopez, and Orcas Islands. Each district holds fundraisers to specifically support their senior centers’ services and programs.
Board meetings for Senior Services of San Juan County are on the third Thursday of every month at 1:00pm. Contact (360) 376-2677 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Senior Services Council of San Juan County’s mission statement is to assist seniors age 60 and over to recognize and deal with their needs and to provide a spectrum of services through a multi-function agency which will serve the recreational, intellectual, social, physical and mental needs of seniors regardless of race, creed, or national origin.
The goals of Senior Services Council of San Juan County includes the following:
- Maintain the value and dignity of seniors, regardless of their abilities or disabilities, to maximize their contribution of life experiences to each other, our youth, and our communities.
- Support provision of services to seniors and their caregivers by the Senior Services Division of San Juan County Health & Community Services Department. Assist staff in implementing and operating senior programs in a manner which is legal, ethical, fiscally responsible and fulfills program specific standards for grant funds and private donations.
- Operate accessible vehicles with which to provide specialized transportation services to seniors and disabled in our communities.
- Develop and operate Senior Center facilities on each major island for the provision of services and programs aimed at increasing quality of life for seniors, their caregivers, and the community as a whole.
- Provide a nonprofit corporate umbrella for Island Advisory Committees which identify and endeavor to meet local needs and service gaps.